Post Doc (f/m/d)
characterization of biofilms
KIT is one of the biggest research and education institutions worldwide. Being “The Research University in the Helmholtz Association”, KIT creates and imparts knowledge for the society and the environment. Research questions of the Chair of Water Chemistry and Water Technology of the Engler-Bunte-Institut concern water quality, water treatment and biological interfaces. We look for a Post Doc in this context. The position is devoted to the characterization of biofilms.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Development of characterization of biofilms with magnetic resonance (MR).
- Realization of the development on a defined (ideally on a self-chosen) biofilm system, conception, realization and cultivation in a (MR) suitable reactor system.
- NMR-spectroscopy on biofilms may be exploited or the application of X nuclei in magnetic resonance.
- Comparison and completion of the findings with alternative, optical characterization techniques.
- Collaborate and interact with (inter-)national, interdisciplinary and cross-divisional teams comprising biofilm research and analytical method development.
You dispose of
- PhD as well as a very good university degree in Chemical Engineering, (physical) Chemistry, or related disciplines.
- Practical experience in conception and realization of experiments involving biofilms and their characterization via MR.
- Ability to drive progress in a team setting, strong communication skills.
- Being open-minded and challenging the status quo as well, high self-driven motivation, ability to integrate.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken; German knowledge is advantageous.
The remuneration occurs on the basis of the wage agreement of the civil service in TV-L E13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
Das bieten wir Ihnen
Engler-Bunte-Institut, Bereich Wasserchemie
zum nächstmöglichen Zeitpunkt / as soon as possible
limited to 2 years
Application up to
The review of the applications will continue until the position is filled.
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. H. Horn, email: email@example.com.
Please send your application including a cover letter, your CV, and all certificates/references in electronic form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
vacancy number: 2120/2021
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore, we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.