Vacancy No. 579/2023
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d)
in the field of “Biogeochemical modelling of ecosystem C- and N cycling with a focus on N2O emissions”
The successful candidate will
- Improve the biogeochemical model LandscapeDNDC (ldndc.imk-ifu.kit.edu) based on information gained in N2O isotope measurement campaigns
- Compile input datasets for the focus countries Germany, Switzerland and the UK
- Apply LandscapeDNDC on site – and national scale
- Interpret model results in close collaboration with peers from both the bottom-up and top-down community.
We seek for a highly motivated person experienced in modelling who likes to get to the bottom of things and enjoys working in a team with the following qualifications:
- University degree (PhD) in physics, environmental sciences, geoecology, chemistry, or any related field
- Sound programming skills (C/C++, Fortran, SVN, Git, Python, R, Bash)
- Experience in ecosystem modeling
- Knowledge on spatial analysis and GIS systems
- Understanding of biogeochemical nutrient cycles in plant-soil systems
- Knowledge of stable isotope analysis is a plus
- English language proficiency and ability to write scientific publications
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
Salary category 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements
Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research Atmospheric Environmental Research (IMKIFU)
as soon as possible
limited up to three years
Application up to
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Dr. Benjamin Wolf, email@example.com.
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number 579/2023.
Personnel support is provided by
phone: +49 721 608-23142,
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.