Vacancy No. 90/2024
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d)
in the field of materials science of glass and ceramics
Within the European programme for fusion energy, we are developing advanced ceramics for the generation of tritium in future fusion reactors. As part of your job, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Further development of advanced tritium breeding ceramics based on lithium orthosilicate that are produced in a spherical form using a high-temperature, melt-based process
- Conception, planning and implementation of suitable methods and complex experiments for the investigation of mechanical, thermomechanical and thermophysical properties
- Evaluation of structure-property relationships with regard to manufacturing parameters and feedback for process development
- Setup and maintenance of a database for material properties and process parameters
- Independent work on subprojects within the EUROfusion Breeding Blanket work package
- You must have an excellent doctorate degree in materials science with a focus on glass and ceramics
- A profound knowledge and experience in the field of ceramic and glass characterisation as well as their production and process technology are required
- Knowledge of quality control and basic knowledge of material behaviour under (neutron) irradiation are considered an asset
- A very good command of written and spoken English and German is requested
- Independent scientific work, high reliability, strong communication skills, intercultural competence, ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and in large international collaborations should round off your profile
Salary category 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
Institute for Applied Materials (IAM)
Application up to
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Dr. Regina Knitter, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number 90/2024 .
Personnel Support is provided by
phone: +49 721 608-25029,
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.