Vacancy No. 88/2024
Engineer specializing in nuclear fusion technology or nuclear technology or mechanical engineering or process engineering or physicist (f/m/d)
Within the EUROfusion Work Package Safety and Environment Project (WPSAE), Various tasks are being carried out accompanying the development process of the DEMOnstration power plant (DEMO). You are essentially responsible for the following tasks:
- Deterministic safety analyses for the selected event scenarios, which are defined as Design Basis Accident (DBA) or Design Extension Condition (DEC). The system code MELCOR for fusion is used for scenario simulation.
- Support in updating the Generic Site Safety Report (GSSR) regarding the safety-relevant description of the systems, accident analysis and safety codes.
- New tasks will be defined after 2025.
- Preparation of scientific and technical reports, as well as their publication at national and international level.
A PhD degree in the field of nuclear fusion engineering and an university degree (Master) in the field of nuclear engineering, mechanical engineering, physics or process engineering with main subject on fluid dynamics and thermal hydraulics
- several years of professional experience in nuclear fusion technology, reactor safety, fluid dynamics and thermal hydraulics as well as numerical simulation
- very good knowledge of PC, LINUX and other software techniques
- very good knowledge of English in spoken and written
- Knowledge of the application of a system code (MELCOR, RELAP, ASTEC, TRACE), as well as Matlab, is an advantage.
Salary category 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
Institute for Neutron Physics and Reactor Technology (INR)
Application up to
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Dr. Xue Zhou Jin, phone +49 721 608-22998.
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number 88/2024 .
Personnel Support is provided by
phone: +49 721 608-25544,
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.